Thursday, September 25

What I'm Watching this Anime Fall Season 2014 Part Two

Believe it or not, this time around I had to make my "what I'm watching" a two parter! So here is my continuation of that list, if you didn't see part one Read it Here.

Denki-Gai no Honya-sa


Synopsis
Umio is a shy kid who just started his part time job at a manga store smack dab in the middle of the city. But his lifestyle isn't as glamorous as the neon lights that illuminate the city. Umio's closest friends are his co-workers who are all unique characters, to say the least, and although they're nice people, they have their quirks. They are a tight knit group of friends, have nicknames for each other and spend their weekends inside, sheltered from the extravagant scene happening on the outside.

Airs October 2nd 2014

Genres: Slice-of-Life, Comedy, Seinen

Source: Manga Updates

My Thoughts
You typically can't go wrong with a seinen comedy in a unique setting. It seems like there's going to be a lot of references to the otaku lifestyle in Japan (as it is set in a manga store) so I imagine it will be similar to Genhisken. There's nothing like a nerdy comedy to spice up the list for the season.


Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken


 Synopsis
The manga follows the daily life of an earnest, hardworking office lady named Kaoru and her otaku husband, who is totally immersed in a certain huge net bulletin board system.

Airs October 3rd 2014

Genres: Slice-of-Life, Comedy, Seinen

Source: Anime News Network

My Thoughts
Didn't I just mention a quirky comedy? Well this one seems to have a shakier premise, with the whole net bulletin board system (what is that exactly?). But I'm curious to see the dynamic between an otaku and his wife. It could be funny, it could be incredibly strange. I'm kind of hoping for both.

Akatsuki no Yona


 Synopsis
Yona is the sole princess of the kingdom, living the luxurious and carefree life as a princess should. She has it all: the finest clothes and cosmetics, the most divine sweets, a loving emperor as a father, and the hottest cousin crush, Soo-won, anyone could ever hope to have. Now, if only her bodyguard, Son Hak, wasn't so annoying to her and her hair wasn't so red. But her nearly perfect world quickly shatters as the man she loves, Soo-won, murders her father and the path to his ascension to the throne is assured. Son Hak escapes with Yona, and they lead a life on the run from that point on.

Airs on October 7th 2014

Genres: Shoujo, Romance, Action, Fantasy

Source: Titan Scanlations

My Thoughts
I've enjoyed quite a few shoujo fantasies and I'm sure this one won't disappoint. Strong female characters kicking ass is a great reason to sit down and watch something for 20 minutes. However, occasionally with shoujo titles they don't put a lot of money towards production (making the quality of the animation not that great) but I'm hoping this anime has higher standards than the odd shoujo typical has. Overall it looks promising.

And that's part two! Whew! Quite a number of titles there, but this season is pretty packed with stuff that has me curious. I will probably drop a series here or there after a couple episodes, perhaps I'll make a post about which ones I end up doing that for and why they're not appealing to me. Anyway, hope you enjoyed my list, and that it gave you a few ideas for this anime season!

No comments:

Post a Comment