Sunday, October 20

S.H. Figuarts Sailor Moon Figures *News*

image
I have always been an avid Sailor Moon fan. Ever since the show began airing when I was younger I was hooked, and I’m still hooked, persistently buying the Kodansha re-release mangas (coverage here) as well as frequenting news for the upcoming anime revamp. So along with all this moonie madness comes beautiful figures from S.H. Figuarts. When I saw that they finally were making new Sailor Moon merchandise, and on top of that beautiful figures I made pre-orders immediately! This post is covering all the news thus far involving the figures, where to pre-order and when to expect new figure releases.
image
Unfortunately for those who missed out, the Sailor Moon has already released in Japan, but there’s already a bunch of articles circulating on the figure. I pre-ordered my own from Amazon, which will be released in October. Luckily I didn’t miss the Japan release for Sailor Mercury which is also releasing this October, so I’ll be getting the two scouts together! Both figures feature 3 changeable faces, multiple hands for different poses, as well as scout accessories pertaining to the first season of the show. Legend Studio however is doing figures based off Sailor Moon S, so those figures will feature different costumes as well as accessories.  They will be doing the whole cast of Sailor Moon, outer senshi included! Click for photos here. It’s unknown if S.H. Figuarts will also be releasing the outer senshi, but here’s hoping! They do have a statue of Sailor Moon from the Sailor Moon R season, as it features her moon scepter. Click here for a photo. So they could be releasing figures from other seasons in the future.
image
There aren’t any pre-orders available for Sailor Mars yet, but she will be available come December. So anticipate a pre-order date soon. The other two scouts do not have coloured versions out yet, but they look stellar. The likenesses of each shout are captured beautifully in these figures. Their facial expressions look very much like their anime counterparts. Also, if you notice in this photo Sailor Mars has joints in her hair for posing. Sailor Moon’s pig tails do have some flexibility but not nearly as much so as Mars. It seems like Sailor Venus will also have poseable hair like Mars, but not the entire piece of hair is flexible, only 2 strand chunks in each figure. It is also noticeable that Sailor Jupiter’s pony tail is moveable, so her hair can flow in the wind like the other scouts.
image
Something of note with these figures is also their stands. It’s nice that we don’t have to worry about sticking a peg into their back (which at times can be frustrating) but we get instead is these clamps that stand out and make for an eye sore. On another note of concern with this is that it will probably take patience to work it properly. I imagine it needs a sweet spot to hold the figure effectively. I could foresee it buckling under the weight if it doesn’t hit a spot that it nestles into comfortably. However, the design of the base of these figures is quite nice. I like the attention to detail. I’m bargaining that the other scouts feature similarly designed bases.
image
I’m heavily anticipating receiving my figures this October. As soon as I receive them I will be doing reviews so keep posted until then! You can still pre-order Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury on Amazon if you’re interested. Links here and here. Also anticipate pre-orders for Sailor Mars in the near future. I usually go to Hobby Search and frequent the homepage almost every day. I’ll attempt to give more news on the figures and their pre-order dates, release dates etc. as soon as they’re announced! Keep posted, and happy collecting!
imageChristina

No comments:

Post a Comment