Sunday, February 2

Are You Watching Golden Time? Because You Should Be!

image
A little seinen series that has taken over my free time is Golden Time. I did a first impressions review here, but since the first couple episodes it has exceeded my expectations and become one of my favourite anime series of all time. Why may you ask? Well keep reading to find out!

Deep Character Development

image
This show will have you second guessing yourself, especially when it comes to what characteristics you find admirable in a character. There will be characters you like, some you don’t, but over time you’ll find yourself changing those opinions. It’s fantastic, and Golden Time does it so seamlessly, showing you how life is complicated for everyone; you’re going to sympathize with those you might have had a hard time sympathizing with earlier on. With some of the most interesting unique characters I’ve seen in a long time for a more mature anime, this show does it refreshingly well.

I’m Experiencing Déjà Vu

image
If you started a serious relationship near the beginning of your university career then you will get all nostalgic watching this, because I did! They nailed all the ups and downs of going into adulthood, finding someone you are serious about dating, and finding yourself. Each episode gives me flashbacks to 4 years ago when I was freshman, and I love how well it has captured that young adult experience. And if you’re not yet in university this anime is going to give you perspective into what you might expect for your own personal development into adulthood. It couldn’t have been written better from my own diary.

Oh the Drama!

image
Golden Time does drama incredibly well. It’s one of those drama shows that has cliffhangers leaving you on the edge of your seat watching… and you will be coming back for more. Because it has amazing character development and relatable scenarios the drama is just the icing on the cake. Its pacing is great and every episode has something exciting happening. This anime is going to keep my interest until its end, and then I’ll probably read the manga because I’ll never want it to end. Ever.

So watch Golden Time, you won’t regret it! Well, you might be mad at me for having you marathon 16 episodes in 2 days… but luckily it’s still airing so it won’t take up all your time if you catch onto it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment