Wednesday, December 18

How to Prepare for the Sailor Moon Anime Reboot

image
So the Sailor Moon anime reboot is upon us, and you’re probably thinking “I’m not ready!”. Fear not, I have devised a list to rid of your worries and prepare you for the awesomeness that is Sailor Moon 2.0. This is the decisive list for how to get your mind mentally prepared for the new anime that will shake our senses and reinvigorate us with Sailor Moon love!

1. Break out your Sailor Moon toys

image
These are my old toys, no joke. What’s with them being so… chesty?
You know you have them… somewhere. You played with them when you were 8 and now you must play with them again! Sure Sailor Moon’s face has some blue marker on it, but she is just as amazing now as she was a decade ago. Play out some battles and your mind will be ready for the epic battles to come.

2. Read the manga front-to-back as many times as possible
image
This is no easy task, but you have to read the manga as many times as possible to prepare for what is ahead. This anime is going to follow the manga more closely and you don’t want any tear-jerking surprises. What is this?! Momo-chan is going to America for university!? You won’t cry about it.

3. Start talking to your cat/and or pets
image
This is my cat Ozzy! He told me to say the words, “Moon Prism Power”.
You know that as soon as you got that pet kitty in 3rd grade it was going to tell you that you are a guardian of the universe. Stick a moon sticker on its head and take it around with you everywhere. Going off the work?! (I mean battle!?) You need your cat there to guide you and give you magic gifts of strength.

4. Swing a wand around
image
This new wand replica is awesome! I can’t wait to scare my enemies!
Nothing says Sailor Moon like an awesome wand. Swing that thing around and do a few battle cries. It will scare away any monsters and leave your house undisturbed when Sailor Moon starts airing.

5. Watch the old series dubbed by DiC/Cloverway
image
I always did what Sailor Moon said!
There’s nothing like appreciating a reboot by realizing how bad the dub actually was from your childhood! Rewatch the old show and remember all the weird cover-ups that Dic and Cloverway did in order to protect your pure child mind. There’s nothing like that awkward moment when Sailor Moon and Venus find out Uranus is a girl…! Or how they tried to cover up Uranus’ and Neptune’s relationship! Or you can just watch the Japanese sub, it’s probably best for your sanity.

Make a check-list and get yourself prepared! I’m off to give my boyfriend roses to throw at my enemies! Good luck out there Sailor Scouts! And get pumped for the remake out January 2014!

1 comment:

  1. I fount this on Reddit, and if I wasn't at work, I'd totally be prancing around my house squealing with joy.

    ReplyDelete